Code of Conduct
This Code applies to all members of The National Electrical and Communications Association Western Australia Chapter (“NECA WA Chapter”).
Purpose and Application
To enable NECA WA Chapter members to be trusted, viewed with respect and highly sought after in the marketplace, all NECA WA Chapter members agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Professional Conduct Standards
All those bound by this Code agree to:
- Ensure that the member company, its employees, and its contractors comply with the applicable Western Australian and Federal legislation, such as WHS legislation or the Western Australian Security Providers Acts and Regulations.
- Ensure that the member company acts with integrity in its dealings with clients, suppliers, competitors, regulatory authorities and the general public. The member company agrees not to engage in false, misleading or deceptive conduct or otherwise bring the electrical and associated (security, communications, air conditioning, etc) industries into disrepute.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors of a member company are provided with a safe environment, are appropriately supported in undertaking their work, treated with respect and appropriately remunerated in accordance with applicable Western Australian and Federal legislation.
- Ensure that the member company, its employees, and its contractors deliver services in a competent and professional manner and pay attention to the needs of the customer and the general public. In the security industry this will include the need to maintain privacy and confidentiality in all dealings.
- Ensure that the member company maintains appropriate and accurate records that meet the relevant legislative standards and enable NECA WA Chapter and/or the regulatory authorities to determine its level of compliance as necessary.
- Ensure that the member company does not engage in or associate with another company that engages in unethical, improper or illegal methods to obtain business, including conflicts of interest.
- Ensure that the member company engages in industry best practice in the delivery of services and actively engages with NECA WA Chapter or other industry related forums designed to raise the standards of service delivery for the industry.
- Agrees that the member company will deal appropriately and promptly with any complaints received about the provision of its services, and agrees that the member company will engage in resolution activities as directed by NECA WA Chapter should a complaint be received about the member company via the NECA WA Chapter complaint management procedure.
Date Created: 1 July 2018
Revision Date: N/A
Version Number: 2018-07-01
This version was approved by the NECA WA Chapter management: 30 June 2018
Date: 1 July 2018
Review Date: July 2019
Document/process owner: NECA WA Chapter Executive Director