News & Views
25th July 2017
2017 Market Monitor survey results
The 2017 Market Monitor results are in!
NECA would like to thank all those who participated in this valuable survey. This study, which is conducted every two years, covers a wide range of issues the industry is facing from general sentiment and business confidence, the purchase process – including decision making, ordering and the channels and methods used to purchase materials, through to feedback on the major wholesalers and manufacturers.
The study was open from December 2016 to April 2017 and we had over 900 responses – with a stronger representation from small businesses, with more owner/independents answering than in past years.
Key emerging themes include:
- Digital is changing the way contractors want to do business
- Compliance is top of mind for contractors
- Technology is changing the nature of business - particularly renewables and SMART energy
- The customer is having more and more of a say
- Optimism has improved although competition for work is high
“There are some interesting trends emerging from this year’s research and we are particularly pleased to see the awareness level of the issues around only using 'compliant products' so high on the agenda of electrical contractors,” says Suresh Manickam, National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) CEO.
Click here for the full survey results.