News & Views
4th May 2021
Wiring Rules Amendment No.2 Released!
The 2018 edition of Electrical Installations “Wiring Rules” (AS/NZS 3000:2018) Amendment No.2 has now been published.
The main changes are in relation to RCD type and their application. That is:
- Changes to the wording of clause 220.127.116.11 regarding accessibility of switchboards
- Changes to clause 18.104.22.168 to exclude switchboards below certain ratings from the requirement to comply with AS/NZS 61439
- Generator main switch is replaced with a circuit breaker symbol in figures 7.3 to 7.6
- Inclusion of recording test results in Section 8
- Clause 8.3.7 has been reworded to include the requirements of clause 8.3.8
- Additional references are added to Appendix A
This guidance is provided so that the electrical installation will function correctly for the purpose intended and considers mitigating the foreseeable adverse effects of disruption to supply.
AS/NZS 3000:2018 Amd 2:2021 PDF is available from Standards Australia as a FREE download (once you log in). The FileInstaller plugin is required to access the PDF.