News & Views
15th July 2021
Victorian Premier announces snap five-day lockdown from midnight
The inevitable has occurred!
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has announced a statewide lockdown will be reimposed from midnight tonight until midnight next Tuesday 20 July.
This action is taken in response to the positive cases revealed today from the two recent NSW sources – now 18 positive cases in total.
Restrictions are essentially the same ones imposed a few weeks ago on our fourth lockdown – Table of restrictions can be viewed here.
The Building and Construction Industry, including the electrotechnology industry remains OPEN as an authorised provider and the workforce are authorised workers. Offices that are part of the site also remain open but support staff must work from home if possible (eg head offices).
Critical repairs to any premises can be done where required for emergency or safety reasons.
As per the previous lockdowns, there are only 5 reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for food and supplies within the 5-kilometre radius once per day
- Exercise (up to two hours, with one other person of your household)
- Compassionate care, caregiving and medical reasons
- Authorised work
- Get vaccinated
The travel limit of 5km from the place of primary residence is in place, except:
- To return home
- To access necessary goods and services where they can't be accessed closer than 5km from home
- To visit an intimate partner
- To visit a person in your 'single bubble'
- Allowed to travel for authorised work and permitted education
- Work at an interstate location (where permitted by another state)
- Care and compassionate reasons (exemptions apply)
The lockdown applies to both regional and metropolitan Melbourne. Premier Daniel Andrews suggested parts of regional Victoria could be released from the lockdown, if it was safe to do so.
Don't forget you must wear your face masks at work and indoors (unless exempted).