News & Views
4th May 2021
Victorian Building and Construction Industry Coronavirus (COVID-19) Agreed Guidelines (Revision 12)
Revision 12 of the Building and Construction Industry COVID-19 Guidelines are issued as of today’s date and take effect immediately.
The following are the major updates:
- The State of Emergency powers of the Victorian Government are extended to midnight 7 May 2021
- Employers are also reminded to update their COVIDSafe Plans regularly and as always, to consult with employees and their representatives in doing so
- Everyone should use the appropriate electronic workplace mapping including QR codes wherever possible
- Facemasks MUST still be worn when physical distancing is not possible at work and particularly when travelling in hoists/lifts
- Requirement for COVID Marshals for Large Scale Construction projects/sites (Section 3.12)
- Incolink/Protect Hardship payments (Sections 4.1.14, 4.3.4, 4.4.5 and 5.2.5)
- Commonwealth government assistance via the Job Keeper and Job Seeker schemes has now ceased (Section 5.10)
There is no change in these Guidelines to the Density Quotient for crib rooms and amenities on building/construction sites – the quotient is 1 person per 2 sqm and the overarching requirement of physical distancing 1.5 metres remains in the interests of best practices in our industry.