News & Views
16th July 2021
COViD-19 Support Package for Victorians
Earlier today, the Commonwealth Government has announced proposed changes to how economic assistance would be provided to people and companies in regions subject to Commonwealth Hotspot declarations and State or Territory lockdown restrictions, in collaboration with States and Territories.
- Eligibility for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment will be made available for the period of the Victorian lockdown (five days) as it applies to each area of the State.
- The Commonwealth will fund the payment for those who live and/or work in the areas declared as a Commonwealth Hotspot and the State Government will fund payments provided to the balance of the State.
- Payments will be made in arrears on application to Services Australia 7 days after the commencement of the lockdown (that is from Friday 23 July 2021).
- Payments of $600 will be made to Individuals that lose 20 hours or more of work during the period of the lockdown (the next five days).
- Payments of $375 will be made to Individuals that lose between 8 and up to 20 hours of work during the period of the lockdown (the next five days).
- No liquid assets test will be applied to the payment at any time.
Click here to read the full joint media release.
More information about the COVID-19 Disaster Payment can be found here