News & Views
4th May 2021
AS/NZS 5033:2021 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays is still open for public comment
The draft AS/NZS 5033:2021 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays is still open for public comments until 6 May 2021.
There are several changes in requirements in this revision, which include but are not limited to:
- Change in the scope of this document with respect to maximum PV array power limit
- Additions of provisions relating to d.c. conditioning units regarding voltage and current calculations
- Changes to requirements for overcurrent protection and earthing
- Changes to methods of PV isolation including for d.c conditioning units
- Changes to requirements for wiring systems and connector requirements
- New signs, verification and commissioning requirements.
Should you wish to submit your feedback to Standards Australia, please do so prior to the close date of 6 May 2021, via the Standards Australia portal.
The portal requires a login to access. If you do not already have a Standards Australia login, click on ‘register’- the process is straightforward. Once logged in, the draft can be viewed online and your comments submitted per section.