News & Views
27th July 2017
Technical Knowledge Base (TKB) Coming Soon!
We are pleased to announce that our newest product, the Technical Knowledge Base, will be available to financial NECA SA/NT members by 1 August.
This online searchable database is designed specifically for the electrical industry in South Australia and Northern Territory, providing an array of technical information at your fingertips.
The Technical Knowledge Base will be available FREE to NECA SA/NT members.
Can you imagine being able to search the Wiring Rules at the job site using your tablet or smart phone? Within seconds you could find the clause, figure or table you need, instantly search various Standards, network operator requirements, technical alerts, or legislation.
- A fully searchable, convenient self-service product - accessible via your computer and smart devices, 24/7.
- Access to search sections of AS/NZS 3000, 2293.1, 3003, 3008.1.1, 3010, 3012, 4777.1 and 5033.
- FAQs and comprehensive articles referencing Australian Standards, The Office of the Technical Regulator, SA Power Networks, SafeWork SA, NT WorkSafe, Electrical Workers and Contractors Licensing Board, Regulation Roundup Bulletins, industry alerts and updates.
- Entire archive of Regulation Roundup with searchable contents lists.
- Searchable Service and Installation Rules and other technical updates from the network operator.
- Information and guidelines about trending topics i.e. asbestos and hazardous chemicals.
Our aim is to regularly update the knowledge base with articles based on topics you’re asking about, as well as product recalls and eAlerts. We have also purchased licences from SAI Global to allow you to search, not only the Wiring Rules, but several other Australian Standards.
Stay tuned for the launch of this invaluable product! For further information, contact Leah Boyce, Marketing and Member Services at the NECA SA/NT office on (08) 8272 2966.