News & Views
16th November 2016
SafeWork SA Site Visits
SafeWork SA has been directed to visit individual residential construction sites throughout the State. The visits will commence on Monday 29 August 2016 and are expected to continue until the end of the calendar year and possibly beyond.
Each site will be assessed individually by the SafeWork SA Safety Inspector. Their focuses will most likely include, but are not limited to-:
- Young workers/apprentices;
- Inductions – evidence that all have been inducted onto the site and into the WH&S Management Plan where applicable;
- SWMS and/or JSAs;
- PPE and power tools (test & tag proof);
- Security (site fencing where applicable);
- First Aid (kit and responsible person);
- Housekeeping (White Cards, insurances, site emergency procedures, hazard reporting in place for high risk activities);
- Documentation/evidence of Principal Contractor control and/or influence over site safety;
- Work Health and Safety Management Plans for a site over $450,000.
If SafeWork SA visits your site you should be courteous and co-operative with the inspector.
For further information contact Denzil Forbes, HSEQ Manager at NECA SA on (08) 8272 2966, or email Denzil.
Source: Housing Industry Association, 23 August 2016.