News & Views
4th October 2016
NECA Supports the National Safe Work Month 2016
National Safe Work Month runs from 1-30 October, whereby health and safety in your workplace is promoted.
NECA SA support the National Safe Work Month and SafeWork SA.
It's easy to be involved and SafeWork SA here to help you.
- attend events to update your knowledge and chat to people with a passion for safety at work
- organise your own workplace activity
- ask a SafeWork SA WHS advisors to participate in one of your safety walks or tool box talks
- book a personal appointment with one of SafeWork SA's WHS advisors to chat about any work health and safety issues you're experiencing - their WHS advisors have no inspector powers so you can feel comfortable asking them for help
- use the Take 10@10 online training package for quick 5-10 minute presentations for your workers on how to manage common risks and hazards
- use a screensaver - 1024x768 (JPG 784kb) or 1920x1200 (JPG 1752kb) - and print posters to promote safety in your workplace (PDF 643kb) or a poster for your workplace activity (PDF 599kb)
- learn more about work health and safety online by watching some great videos of how other people are improving their safe work systems, practices and culture
- connect with SafeWork SA on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and to share your stories by using the hashtag #safeworkmonth to join the conversation
- keep up to date with the latest information from us and national news from Safe Work Australia.
We'd also love to see you at our new Customer Service Centre at Keswick, home to the state's most extensive collection of work health and safety resources!
So get involved and join with us this October!