NECA Business Essentials Program
Do you need to make changes, but are unsure of where to start?
Would you value practical, hands-on guidance from experts who understand the challenges of running an electrical business in ACT, NSW. QLD or TAS states?
Owning and running your own business provides opportunities that are exciting, rewarding, challenging and exhausting. It is continual learning that is key to growing a successful business. How can you accelerate the pace of your learning - to then be more alert to the opportunities that will place you ahead of the game?
At NECA, we know hard work and personal sacrifice are not enough to make a business successful. That's why we have collaborated with Engine Room Business Innovation to develop the NECA Business Essentials Online Program facilitated by the developers of the highly esteemed Curtin Growth Program.
This innovative online delivery program integrates weekly interactive online workshops and coaching sessions, online learning and the development of a Business Improvement Plan that combine to accelerate the profitability, performance and sustainability of participating businesses.
NECA Business Essentials Program - COMMENCING SOON
Participants in the NECA Business Essentials Online Program will:
- Participate in weekly Zoom sessions on the topics of Vision, Finance, Systems, People and Marketing and Sales. Enrolling in the program means scheduled time away from day-to-day business problems, to focus on the bigger picture. Participants will gain the knowledge and confidence to implement new initiatives into their business that will drive success.
- Access material on the online portal before and after each session. By viewing videos and reading articles prior to the Zoom sessions, participants can absorb the key learnings more effectively. The flexibility of the portal allows access after the program to review content on an as-needs basis.
- Undertake monthly 1:1 Zoom coaching sessions to reflect on the topic key learnings and to progress a Business Improvement Plan (BIP). Rather than 100% of participants' time being spent on current operational issues, the BIP will motivate you to step back from the business, and spend 20% of your time on a project that will move your business to the ‘next level’.
- The program provides you with the skillset and confidence to exploit opportunities, embrace change and adapt quickly to the challenges of running your own business in today’s uncertain business environment.
Participants will gain great insights into business leadership from coaches Glenn Taylor and Michelle Chafin, who have a combined 40+ years of experience in program design and facilitation by successfully mentoring and coaching over 1,000 business leaders.
|What's the vision for the business and the current constraints?|
|Collecting and counting the money|
|Do it once, do it right - safely, to spec and on time|
|Finding, recruiting and retaining good staff|
|5. Marketing and Sales|
|Getting known in the market and doing a good deal|
As recommended by NECA members, here is the feedback from participants of the 2020 program:
“The learning and coaching provided by Engine Room Business Innovation has really helped our business to develop new ideas and concepts we can use in the business now. Michelle and Glenn have a wealth of combined experience and the course really is good value for money”. Paul
“The 1.5 hour virtual workshop and coaching each week has really helped me to cement the concepts that I need to implement in my business. Sometimes you want to tackle everything at once – so I often thought ‘where do I start?’ Engine Room does not leave you to figure it out, as they provide the coaching to give you the direction and the structure to move forward with clarity.” Andrew
“[After completing the program] I’m really motivated to ‘tighten up’ some of our current systems and make further improvements to the business, by utilising the new skills and techniques I have learnt from Engine Room.” Shay
Program dates and topics
|2021 dates to be announced soon||Vision|
|2021 dates to be announced soon||Finance|
|2021 dates to be announced soon||Systems|
|2021 dates to be announced soon||People|
|2021 dates to be announced soon||Marketing and Sales|
- Each topic is delivered over 3 x 1.5 hour weekly Zoom sessions
- The first hour is spent showing and discussing the workshop slides
- Each session is followed with a 30 minute ‘group coaching’ session
- Participants will additionally receive monthly 1.5 hr one-to-one Zoom coaching sessions to work on their Business Improvement Plans.
Advantages of learning online
- Providing the business coaching and tools needed now to help minimise recovery time and reduce business losses
- Opportunity to learn about new technologies and how you can advance your business to enter the NEW business world after the pandemic
- Coaching allows documents to be shared
- Articles, videos, podcasts are available anytime to read or view. This encourages continual learning and access to valuable resources
- Learning new communication strategies for better/stronger client relationships.
- Measurable metrics to your learning – what has been viewed.
- Ability to provide learning material that is updated.
- Flexibility of time for learning.
- Teaching important habits of self-discipline/focus which is a skill requirement for a sustainable business.
- Low cost (no travel time – low emissions).
- A different experience – providing new skills that have not been developed
Who should I enrol?
Business owner(s) and/or senior manager(s) of electrical businesses of any size.
- Program deposit: $450 + GST - payable upon enrolment (access to training portal is available once deposit is paid)
- 1st Instalment: $1,500 + GST
- 2nd Instalment: $1,500 + GST
- Total Investment: $3,450 + GST
How to enrol
It's time to make the future of your business a priority. Control your business rather than it controlling you.
Once you have completed the online form, we will be in contact to answer any questions you may have and confirm your enrolment.
Email email@example.com or contact the NECA office on 1300 361 099.