NECA has developed a comprehensive guide that provides guidance to NECA Members when assisting flood-affected businesses and households across Queensland and Northern NSW to keep safe from electrical risks.
The NECA Member Electrical Contractor Flood Disaster Recovery Guide contains life-saving electrical safety information with specific protocols for those affected before, during and after flooding events. The guide includes critical information such as evacuation checklists, managing ongoing risks and correct procedures in the flood’s aftermath.
The guide contains:
- An electrician’s guide to flood-affected installations and testing - A factsheet for NECA Members to identify the correct level of testing and documents required;
- Testing forms including:
- Certificate of periodic verification as inspected under AS/NZS 3019:2007
- Electrical Installation Testing Record Sheet
- Safe Work Method Statement for Verification Testing SWMS
- Safe Work Method Statement for Ladder SWMS
- What employers need to consider – your legal obligations for:
- Site shutdowns and stand down;
- Sending employees home and inclement weather.
- Employee access to the site due to inclement weather
- Other considerations for employers
- NECAs Flood Relief Disaster Recovery Essentials – A licenced electrician’s flood emergency kit
- Financial assistance for flood-affected individuals and communities in QLD and NSW
For a copy of the guide:
|NECA Members log into NECAs Technical Knowledge Base|
Better Business Support with NECA
As a NECA member, you have access to phone and email support through NECA Member Services ensuring that you and your business receive specialist and expert advice.
The NECA team can assist your business with:
- SafetyStar - free document-based management HSEQ system, designed to assist electrical contractors to meet minimum compliance
- Technical, WHS, IR and HR issues - unlimited phone and email support
- Legal issues - unlimited basic phone enquiries with our legal team
- Latest Industry/Wiring Standards and WHS documents - unlimited access
- Discounts, offers and deals on business essentials including fuel
- Workwear, Corporate Clothing and PPE targeted for the industry
- Training and skills developments
- Free Industry events, webinars and regular updates
To learn more about how NECA can better support you and your business, connect with a NECA Representative today!
|SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST HERE|